This Acceptable Use Policy (also known as AUP) governs the use of Lake Erie Web Design services. Violation of this Acceptable Use Policy may result in suspension or termination of your service. In the event of a dispute between you and Lake Erie Web Design regarding the Interpretation of this Acceptable Use Policy, Lake Erie Web Design interpretation, in its reasonable commercial judgment, shall Govern. If you have any questions regarding this Acceptable Use Policy, contact help(at)lakeeriewebdesign.com.
You may NOT publish or transmit via Lake Erie Web Design service any content that Lake Erie Web Design reasonably believes:
- Constitutes child pornography
- Is excessively violent, incites violence, threatens violence, or contains harassing content or hate speech
- Is unfair or deceptive under the consumer protection laws of any jurisdiction, including chain letters and pyramid schemes
- Is defamatory or violates a person’s privacy
- Creates a risk to a person’s safety or health, creates a risk to public safety or health, compromises national security, or interferes with a investigation by law enforcement
- Improperly exposes trade secrets or other confidential or proprietary information of another person
- Is intended to assist others in defeating technical copyright protections
- Clearly infringes on another person’s trade or service mark, patent, or other property right
- Promotes illegal drugs, violates export control laws, relates to gambling, or arms trafficking
- Is a peer 2 peer file sharing application such as Kazaa, Edonkey, WinMX or any other p2p file sharing application that demands high bandwidth and CPU resources. Use of these services negatively affects everyone on the main hardware node and will not be permitted.
- Is otherwise illegal or solicits conduct that is illegal under laws applicable to you or to Lake Erie Web Design; or
- Is otherwise malicious, fraudulent, or may result in retaliation against Lake Erie Web Design by offended viewers Content “published or transmitted” via Lake Erie Web Design service includes Web content, e‐mail, bulletin board postings, chat, and any other type of posting or transmission that relies on any Internet service provided by Lake Erie Web Design.
You must take reasonable security precautions. You must protect the confidentiality of your password, and you should change your password periodically.
Bulk Commercial E-Mail
You must obtain Lake Erie Web Design advance approval for any bulk commercial e‐mail, which will not be given unless you are able to demonstrate all of the following to Lake Erie Web Design reasonable satisfaction:
- Your intended recipients have given their consent to receive e‐mail via some affirmative means, such as an opt‐in procedure.
- Your procedures for soliciting consent include reasonable means to ensure that the person giving consent is the owner of the e‐mail address for which the consent is given.
- You retain evidence of the recipient’s consent in a form that may be promptly produced on request, and you honor recipient’s and Lake Erie Web Design requests to produce consent evidence within 72 hours of receipt of the request.
- The body of the e‐mail must describe how the e‐mail address was obtained, for example, “You opted in to receive this e‐mail promotion from our Web site or from one of our partner sites,” and information on how to request evidence of the consent, for example, “If you would like to learn more about how we received your e‐mail address please contact us at abuse@**yourdomain.com** .
- You have procedures in place that allow a recipient to easily revoke their consent ‐ such as a link in the body of the e‐mail, or instructions to reply with the word “Remove” in the subject line. Revocations of consent are honored within 72 hours, and you notify recipients that their revocation of their consent will be honored in 72 hours.
- You must post an abuse@**yourdomain.com** e‐mail address on the first page of any Web site associated with the e‐mail, you must register that address at abuse.net, and you must promptly respond to messages sent to that address.
- You have the means to track anonymous complaints.
- You may not obscure the source of your e‐mail in any manner. Your e‐mail must include the recipients e‐mail address in the body of the message or in the “TO” line of the e‐mail; and
- You otherwise comply with the CAN SPAM Act and other applicable law.
These policies apply to messages sent using your Lake Erie Web Design service, or to messages sent from any network by you or any person on your behalf that directly or indirectly refer the recipient to a site hosted via your Lake Erie Web Design service. In addition, you may not use a third party e‐mail service that does not practice similar procedures for all its customers.
Lake Erie Web Design may test and otherwise monitor your compliance with its requirements, including requesting opt‐in information from a random sample of your list at any time.
VPS Hosting – CPU Policy
In order to maintain a stable virtual server environment for everyone, by using our VPS service you agree not to use the equivalent of a full CPU core for yourself continuously. We allow temporarily bursting to higher than this, as we operate on a fair share CPU policy. If you require and plan to use excessive CPU usage on a long term basis, please consider upgrading to a dedicated server plan. Virtual currency miners and other forms of CPU mining are strictly prohibited on our VPS plans.
You may not send any unsolicited e‐mail, either in bulk or individually, to any person who has indicated that they do not wish to receive it. You must comply with the rules of any other network you access or participate in using your Lake Erie Web Design services.
Material Protected by Copyright
- You may not publish, distribute, or otherwise copy in any manner any music, software, art, or other work protected by copyright law unless:
- You have been expressly authorized by the owner of the copyright for the work to copy the work in that manner.
- You are otherwise permitted by established United States copyright law to copy the work in that manner Lake Erie Web Design will terminate the service of repeat copyright infringers.
Copyright Infringement Notice (Digital Millennium Copyright Act)
If you believe your copyright is being infringed by a person using the Lake Erie Web Design network, please send your written notice of copyright infringement to help(at)lakeeriewebdesign.com.
Your notice must include the following:
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed. B) Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or if multiple copyrighted words at a single site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that site.
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit Lake Erie Web Design to locate the material.
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit Lake Erie Web Design to contact you, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an e‐mail address.
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, the copyright owner’s agent, or the law.
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury that you are authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
- Unauthorized access to or use of data, systems or networks, including any attempt to probe, scan or test the vulnerability of a system or network or to breach security or authentication measures (including those belonging to Lake Erie Web Design and its customers) without express authorization of the owner of the system or network.
- Monitoring data or traffic on any network or system without the authorization of the owner of the system or network.
- Interference with service to any user, host or network including, without limitation, mail bombing, flooding, deliberate attempts to overload a system and broadcast attacks.
- Use of an Internet account or computer without the owner’s authorization, including, but not limited to Internet scanning (tricking other people into releasing their passwords), password robbery, security hole scanning, and port scanning.
- Forging of any TCP‐IP packet header or any part of the header information in an e‐mail or a newsgroup posting or
- Any conduct that is likely to result in retaliation against the Lake Erie Web Design network.
- Use of Lake Erie Web Design network in a way that unreasonably interferes with Lake Erie Web Design other customers use of the network.
- Attack, make threats or act in an inappropriate manner towards Lake Erie Web Design staff. Newsgroup, Chat Forums, Other Network
You must comply with the rules and conventions for postings to any bulletin board, chat group or other forum in which you participate, such as IRC and USENET groups including their rules for content and commercial postings. These groups usually prohibit the posting of off‐topic commercial messages, or mass postings to multiple forums.
You may view this Acceptable Use Policy as a PDF.